2008 is here, and most of us have made some resolutions to become healthier, and follow a better diet and fitness regimen. The following ideas are paraphrased from Dr. Becky Natrajan M.D. a leading authority on cleansing, detoxification, as well as weight loss without dieting.
1. Strengthen the Immune System. Cleansing impurities and flooding the body with high grade essential nutrients strengthens the immune system. Recent studies show that a healthy dose of high grade, absorbable protein will strengthen your immune system by 500%. 2. Love Your Liver. A clean, healthy liver supports metabolism and burns fat. A healthy liver promotes normal thyroid function and when the thyroid is healthy, your metabolism and energy levels increase. 3. Support Healthy Brain Chemistry. When your body can effectively absorb and digest fats and protein, it converts these nutrients into healthy brain chemicals. When your brain chemistry is aligned, you will make healthier food choices. 4. Restore Antioxidants. Toxic compounds create "free radicals" that have the potential to damage cellular DNA- thus leading to cancer, weakened immune systems and accelerated aging. Antioxidants are substances that block free radical formation and destroy already formed free radicals. 5. Free yourself from stress. In herbal medicine, adaptogens are used to help the body "adapt" to imbalances that stress the body externally or internally. Replenishing the body's needed adaptogens assists in the body's own self-regulatory systems, thus reducing stress. 6. Maximize Absorption of Essential Nutrients. Maximizing absorption of nutrients helps to fuel the internal body to support all major organ systems including the circulatory, musculoskeletal, and neurological systems.
7. Aid Digestion. Herbs such as suma, also known as "Brazilian Ginseng," peppermint, fennel seed, and licorice have been used in many cultures to support and aid in digestion. Peppermint is a nontoxic digestive remedy that can provide relief from gas, bloating, nausea, and gastric upset. Peppermint has a calming effect on the smooth muscle of the intestinal tract and is believed to promote the flow of bile from the gallbladder into the small bowel aiding in the digestion of fats. 8. Rejuvenate Your Cells with Ionic Minerals. Minerals are the key to enzyme activation in the digestive tract. Ionic (charged) minerals are the most easily absorbed by our body. Minerals help the intestinal tract absorb more vitamins and essential nutrients.
9. Support Your Vital Organs. When the body is overwhelmed with impurities, gentle cleansing herbs and essential nutrients help the liver (the major detoxifying organ of the body), the colon, urinary tract, sweat glands, skin pores, and the lymphatic system to eliminate toxins from the body much more effectively.10. Lose Weight and Feel Great. Studies show that fat cells provide the perfect environment for holding on to toxins. Weight loss is our body's natural mechanism for protecting itself from dangerous, often deadly toxins. Cleansing aids in the body's ability to flush fat and boost metabolism. 11. Eliminate Unhealthy Cravings. A healthy body will crave healthy things. An unhealthy body will crave unhealthy things. Cleansing and replenishing allows the internal body to create an environment that craves good, nutritious food. 12. Build Muscle. Cleaning and then replenishing with pharmaceutical grade organic whey protein provides the body with essential amino acids that are building blocks for the development of lean, dense muscle. 13. Address Diabetes. Type II diabetes is a serious disease that is rampant because of our modern lifestyle. Effective weight loss and fueling the body can aid in the body's ability to restore normal sugar levels.
14. Beautify the Skin. Our skin is the largest organ of our body. Cleansing and replenishing it rejuvenates our skin, making us appear younger and suppler. 15. Create Abundant Energy. Better sleep cycles, achieved through cleansing, provide the body with stamina, energy, and mental clarity throughout the day. 16. Balance Your Hormonal System. Cleansing and replenishing balances hormone levels, leading to overall well-being, increased stamina and increased sexual desire.
17. Slow the Effects Of Aging. Toxins and nutritional deficiency can lead to premature aging on an internal and external level. Cleansing and replenishing allows our cells the ability to attack the affects of aging head on. A younger appearance along with incredible energy is often the result! 18. Prevent Cancer. Research suggests that approximately 90,000 cancer deaths may be related to obesity. For almost all cancers, the risk of death increases coincident with body mass. Cleansing and replenishing often results in significant weight loss and, thus can reduce the risk of cancer.
19. Enhance Elimination. Refined, processed, low fiber foods, animal fats, lack of exercise, dehydration, and ever increasing levels of stress all contribute to sluggish elimination from the intestinal tract. Cellular cleansing with fiber rich nutrients allows for better colonic elimination of impurities and is essential for healthy elimination. 20. Never Diet Again! Cleansing and refueling the body is an "anti-diet" approach to optimal health and weight management. "Diets" are often imbalanced and neither strengthens the Immune system nor rid the body of toxins. Imbalanced diets rob the body of essential nutrients and only temporary results.
Embrace a program that gives the body the right nutrients, the right balance, and the ability to once and for all chronically defend itself against the battle of the bulge. Information about this cleansing program is available by calling Dr. Brodbeck at 631-345-3035. Health talks are held bi-weekly and are free of charge.